People look for inspiration in different ways. Some of them like turn the volume up on a happy song while others like to plan a movie night and draw inspiration from the success stories of different characters.
If you are anything like us, you probably like to turn to the self-help section of any library to look for guidance. There’s just one problem, though: how can you tell the best inspirational books apart from those who promise everything under the stars but deliver nothing?
That’s what we’ve asked ourselves, too. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of ten amazing inspirational books that will provide enough spark to motivate you throughout the year.
Keep This in Mind When Buying Inspirational Books
Keep these tips in mind before buying any motivational book:
- Figure out What You Want to Change or Improve. Inspirational books cover a variety of topics, from spiritual guidance to financial independence and building your self-esteem. Consider what you want to change or improve in your life. Then, pick the perfect book that will help you achieve your goal.
- Pick the Right Format. If you’re anything like us, then you would agree that nothing compares with the act of holding a book in your hands and turning the pages; however, if you’re always on the run or more digitally inclined, other formats might work better for you. Consider your lifestyle and daily schedule. If you don’t have the time to sit down and read a book, then it may be better to opt for an audio format.
- Price. The price will vary according to the author, publishing house, format of the book and year of publishing. Keep in mind that price isn’t always a reflection of how good the book will be. Read a few passages to get a gist of the writing style and the way the author approaches the topic.
Top 10 Inspirational Books Comparison Table
How to Find the Perfect Inspirational Books for You
The Internet is full of books that promise to help you achieve your goals and live more fulfilling lives. How can you tell if they are as useful as they claim to be? Here’s how to find the best inspirational books for you.
- Ensure It Helps You Solve a Real Problem. The best motivational books should bring to light your fears and help you acknowledge them. You may not always feel comfortable dissecting your life, but the silver lining is that these books also offer a solution about how to better yourself. Whether you want to succeed in life, boost your career, better yourself or find purpose, an inspirational book should provide you the tools that can help you solve a real problem.
- Pay Attention to the Author. Some authors have specialized in motivational books, so they are an obvious choice. If you want a more scientifically approach to solving your problems, you can also opt for books written by scientists. Most psychologists, for example, publish their findings in an accessible format that is easy to read and comprehend.
- Don’t Confuse Inspirational Books with Fictional Stories. Sure, some fictional stories will make you think and reconsider different aspects of your life. Who here can say they weren’t inspired by the wisdom of Atticus Finch, for instance. However, fictional stories teach through an indirect approach. Inspirational books, on the other hand, are forward. They’ll present various situations and tell you how to deal with them in a productive and efficient manner.
Top 3 Best Inspirational Books Reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul is the overall highest rated inspirational book. Written in an uplifting tone, it will restore your faith, optimism and give you strength. Most importantly, it will remind you that every day has a bright side and every cloud holds a silver lining.
With the combining efforts of 4 authors, Chicken Soup for the Soul focuses primarily on hope and inspiration. Considering that two of its writers, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen are well-known motivational speakers, it’s no wonder this book is such a success.
We assure you that regardless of the difficulties life has thrown your way, you’ll feel more empowered than ever after you’ll read this book. Not to mention, it will give you the energy and motivation you need to follow your dreams, and it will teach you how to be grateful for what you already have.
If you’re looking for the best inspirational books, then Chicken Soup for the Soul is, without a doubt, an excellent choice.
This book contains a bit of everything: philosophy, poetry and most of all, liberation. Mark Nepo offers valuable advice about how to meet each day with a smile and emerge from your cocoon flying.
Going through the same motions every day can turn us into robots that are content just surviving. The Book of Awakening will summon you to reclaim your life, discover your dreams and live in the moment.
This masterpiece will teach you how to face your problems with your head held high and how to become the leading actor of your life.
If you want to learn how to see the beauty of every little thing, then The Book of Awakening should be on your to-read list.
This best-seller is based on ancient Toltec wisdom and offers a new perspective on everyday problems and life. Sold in over 6 million copies in the U.S. alone, this book has touched the hearts of many and taught them how to let go of insecurities and transform their lives.
People have a tendency to lose their way and to get lost in trivial problems, but Miguel Ruiz offers a code of conduct that will guide you in the right direction.
Overall, The Four Agreements is an excellent book that will teach you how to experience all the beauty that life has to offer.